I’ve been living in Brisbane for almost 4 years so I thought I would share some of my favourite restaurants and places to eat in Brisbane
- La Famiglia | Woollongabba | Looking for home-made, slow cooked Italian vibes? Look no further! Personal favourites are the slow cooked ragu, home-made Gnocci (only available certain nights of the week) and Limencello to finish! The team are always super friendly and so relaxed you could easily be dining at a friends house.
2. Steamed | Roma Street | so cool they don’t even need a website, but if you click here you can check out their Zomato. Steamed is a Pick-n-Mix Dumpling House that automatically transports you to a far away land. Think: Share tables, minimal decor, plastic chairs and only open for Lunch!
3. Factory 51 | Coorparoo | If you’re looking for Pizza, Factory 51 is the place to go, as well as the gnocci, calamari, pork belly and local ales on tap. You definitely need to book, especially for the weekend because it’s no secret with the locals that Factory 51 is the place to be.
4. Boundary Street Markets | West End | The stalls are subject to change but I’ve tried delicious Sri Lankan Food, Turkish Gozleme and most recently Ma Petite Cuisine (French if you hadn’t guessed!). I was a little dubious about the crumbed lamb thinking usually when you crumb something the quality isn’t great. Boy oh boy was I surprised. The lamb is A-M-Azzzinnnng, as was the poulet, taboule, gnocchi, everything. Plus The Rumpus Room do a pretty good happy hour to coincide with meal times!
5. Hawthorne Garage | Hawthorne | Known to the locals as the heart of Hawthorne. I recently attended a “Ladies BBQ evening” at the store which opened my eyes to their locally stocked produce and carefully thought-through deli. Can definitely recommend the Jalapeño and Cheese Sausages. They also stock Sanpellegrino in various flavours for your all year round holiday fix!
6. Chop Chop Changs | West End | If you don’t get the banquet you are crazy! The banquet gives you an amazing selection of all of their food, you will not leave here hungry. I’ll let the pictures do the talking and don’t forget to book because they fill up quickly
7. My Greek Cuzina | Redcliffe | A little further out from Central Brisbane but definitely worth a train ride out on a Summers evening. Easily accessible by train to Kippa-Ring and adjoining bus service to Redcliffe, alternatively, find your self a lift legend for the 35 minute journey. This place isn’t just about the food. They have live Greek music and belly dancers who like to get the diners dancing as well. You must book, they are always full and don’t forget to try the Platter + Ouzo. Beautiful views along the coast to walk off your lunch or dinner.
8. Bar Spritz | Kangaroo Point | Probably my favourite brekkie spot in Brisbane. They cater for breakfast, lunch and dinner but the eggs Benny with salmon, the views of the Brisbane River and fresh Italian coffee are all you need + maybe their infamous cannoli to finish. Great place to grab a ‘spritz’ and watch the sunset.
9. Madame Wu | Brisbane CBD | Sitting on Eagle Street Pier, the views over the story bridge are perfect. Not only that, the food is faultless, I always opt for the banquet as it allows you to try as many new things as possible. Dumplings and the fried chicken were to die for and the Cocktail menu is a must!
10. Temple Thai Restaurant | Milton | For me, eating out is more than just the actual eating, it’s the overall experience which is why you will probably notice a lot of my descriptions aren’t just about the food but to where they take you and how the restaurants make you feel. Well – if you are yearning for a trip to Thailand. Just pop into the Tuk Tuk Bar in Milton. Waterfalls, Buddha statues, an old Tuk Tuk and towering palms put you in a state of tranquility you usually feel at the spa. Oh and the food is awesome too! Authentic, fresh and perfect when washed down with a cold Tiger Beer or DC. Just hear for drinks: The Tuk Tuk bar will cater you too!
Would LOVE to hear what you think / your favourite places to eat in and around Brisbane?